Program Services Specialist - Community Based Outreach
Alameda County Waste Management Authority (aka StopWaste) has an opening for a Program Services Specialist (PSS) I or II. This position will provide support to the Agency’s Community Based Outreach Project team, as well as have a commitment to the mission of the Agency. The Community Based Outreach team provides oversight and implementation of field outreach to support the Agency’s priorities: waste prevention and the food cycle, with a focus on residents and community partners. This team coordinates closely with the Schools Community Based Outreach Team.
Examples of Community Outreach Tasks
Consistent with the Program Services Specialist I/II job description, available here:
- Assist project lead in managing carbon farming outreach, including coordinating testing and public education at urban farms and city sites
- Assist project lead in developing and testing curriculum for carbon farming public education, including messaging and activities.
- Act as point person for carbon farming public education opportunities, including workshops, presentations and cross training schools staff.
- Participate in soil testing, carbon farming data analysis and evaluation.
- Participate in team evaluation of field outreach and program adjustments.
- Support community/field outreach through event tabling, community presentations, how-to workshops on other food cycle topics, such as food waste reduction.
- Assist in social media coordination between the Community Outreach Team and program staff.
Additional details are available in the job announcement.
Applications and correspondence will be accepted through email. Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title “Program Services Specialist” in your cover letter and email subject line.
- Cover Letter referencing the position title
- StopWaste Application
The required application can be downloaded at www.StopWaste.org/job-application. Application packets may also be dropped off or mailed to the StopWaste office:
ATTN: Pat Cabrera, Administrative Services Director
1537 Webster St.,
Oakland, CA 94612