Stop Food Waste Series in Edible East Bay
StopWaste is sponsoring content for a newsletter series in Edible East Bay about delicious ways to use seasonal foods that might otherwise end up in the compost, as well as food storage tips and recipes. Edible East Bay is a free quarterly magazine that celebrates the local food and food culture of Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Published articles from the series are linked below.
- January 2, 2020 e-news: Make 2020 the Year You Waste Less Food
- December 17, 2019 e-news: Edible DIY Gifts
- December 11, 2019 e-news: Green Your Holiday Party!
- November 20, 2019 e-news: Get More out of your Holiday Meal with Bone Broth
- November 15, 2019 Winter 2019 edition: Family and Food: Taking Care of What we Cherish
- April 2, 2019 e-news: Keep your Herbs Fresh
- March 13, 2019 e-news: When Life Gives you Lemons
- February 15, 2019 Spring 2019 edition: Two Power Moms Take the StopFoodWaste Challenge
- January 16, 2019 e-news: Spark Joy in Your Fridge
- November 28, 2018 e-news: Carrot Top Salsa Verde
- November 17, 2018 e-news: Portion Planning Made Easy
- November 15, 2018 Winter 2018 edition: Cooking with Gratitude
- August 15, 2018: Is Dinner Hiding in Your Fridge
- August 15, 2018 Fall 2018 edition: Feed Your Soil with Compost
- August 8, 2018 e-news: Are Your Eggs Still Fresh?
- July 25, 2018 e-news: For the Love of Avocados…Keep them Fresher, Longer
- July 5, 2018 e-news: Did you forget what's in your refrigerator?
- June 27, 2018 e-news: Shop Your Fridge First
- June 6, 2018 e-news: Love Salad? Keep Your Lettuce Crisp and Delicious
- May 16, 2018 Summer 2018 edition: It’s Summer Salad Season - Keep Your Lettuce Crisp and Delicious
- February 28, 2018 e-news: What's Going Uneaten in Your Fridge
- February 15, 2018 Spring 2018 edition:
The 10-Minute Fridge Reality Check
- December 20, 2017 e-news: Bread Gone Stale? Make Bread Pudding!
- December 13, 2017 e-news: Food Shift Turns Rescued Produce into a Dinner Party
- November 15, 2017 Winter Holidays 2017 edition: Holiday Leftover Tips
- November 15, 2017 e-news: Potatoes and Onions: Keep them fresh—or make latkes
- October 25, 2017 e-news: Don’t Waste those Flavorful Fresh Herbs!
- September 27, 2017 e-news: Tomatoes and Basil: Keep Them Tasty!
- September 7, 2017 e-news: Just Peachy: Making the Most of Summer’s Last Stone Fruit
- August 18, 2017 Fall Harvest 2017 edition: Food Storage Tips - Enjoy More, Toss Less: Smart Storage Goes a Long Way.
- August 9, 2017 e-news: Cutting Food Waste in Corporate Cafeterias: Chefs and Managers Step Up to the Plate (features the efforts of 2017 StopWaste Business Efficiency Awards winner Guckenheimer)
Want to read future articles? Sign up for Edible East Bay’s e-newsletter East Bay Appetizer.