Measure D Policies and Disbursements
Measure D Policies Adopted by the Recycling Board:
- Resolution 94-27 (08/11/1994): Policy for Revision of Population-based Disbursements from the Recycling Fund
- Resolution 96-04 (05/09/1996): Recycled Product Purchase Preference Program – Guidelines and Policies for Distribution of “Leftover” Funds
- Resolution 98-03 (02/12/1998): Policies and Procedures for Implementation of Subsection 64.060(D) of Measure D, Relating to Use of Recycling Fund Monies for Contracts Longer than Five Years
- Resolution 2003-10 (07/10/2003): Policy Adoption – Municipal Eligibility to receive recycling Fund Per Capita Disbursements
- Resolution 2003-11 (07/10/2003): Adoption of Policies, Rules and Procedures Based on the “5 Year Audit” Relating to Recycling Fund Expenditures, Monitoring and Reporting by Municipalities
- Resolution 2006-12 (11/09/2006): Adoption of Rules Regarding Municipal Accounting and Fund Balances of Recycling Fund Per Capita Allocations
- Motion (11/08/2012): Policy Regarding Commercial Recycling Program Minimum Requirements
- Resolution 2014-2 (11/13/2014): Revision of Resolution 2006-12 – Regarding Fund Balances of Recycling Fund per Capita Allocations
Measure D Disbursements to Member Agencies:
- February 2020 (For October 2019 – December 2019)
- November 2019 (for July-September 2019)
- August 2019 (for April - June 2019)
- May 2019 (for January - March 2019)
- February 2019 (for October – December 2018)
- November 2018 (for July-September 2018)
- August 2018 (for April-June 2018)
- May 2018 (for January - March 2018)
- February 2018 (for October – December 2017)
- November 2017 (for July-September 2017)
- August 2017 (for April-June 2017)
- May 2017 (for January - March 2017)
- February 2017 (for October - December 2016)
- November 2016 (for July-September 2016)
- August 2016 (for April-June 2016)
- May 2016 (for January - March 2016)
- February 2016 (for October - December 2015)
- November 2015 (for July-September 2015)
August 2015 (for April-June 2015)
May 2015 (for January-March 2015)
February 2015 (for October - December 2014)
November 2014 (for July-September 2014)
September 2014 (for April-June 2014)
May 2014 (for January-March 2014)
February 2014 (for October-December 2013)
November 2013 (for July-September 2013)
August 2013 (for April-June 2013)
May 2013 (for January-March 2013)
- February 2013 (for October-December 2012)
- November 2012 (for July-September 2012)
- August 2012 (for April-June 2012)
- May 2012 (for January-March 2012)
- February 2012 (for October-December 2011)
- November 2011 (for July-September 2011)
- August 2011 (for April-June 2011)
Annual Measure D Reporting Website
- Measure D
- Recycling Board Five Year Program Review 2011/12 – 15/16
Program evaluation component of the Measure D-mandated Five Year Audit for Fiscal Years 11/12 – 15/16. Comparative overview and evaluation of recycling and waste reduction programs in Alameda County, with recommendations for improved effectiveness.
- Five Year Financial & Compliance Audit, Fiscal Years 2011/12 – 2015/16
The 5 Year Financial and Compliance Audit by Crowe Horwath LLP covers "Measure D" Recycling Fund revenues raised and spent in fiscal years 2011/2012 through 2015/2016.
- 2012 Five Year Program Audit (7/2013)
A broad overview and evaluation of waste reduction programs within Alameda County, prepared by SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure, LLC, with assistance from SERA, Inc. Profiles and comparisons of municipal programs and analysis of various operational and system issues, including every-other-week residential garbage collection and percentages of readily recyclable and compostable materials going to landfill in other communities.
- Final Five Year Financial and Compliance Audit – Fiscal years 2006-07 to 2010-11
The Final 5 Year Financial and Compliance Audit by the NewPoint Group covers "Measure D" Recycling Fund revenues raised and spent in fiscal years 2006/2007 through 2010/2011.
- Alameda County Recycling Board "5 Year Audit" Financial Review and Evaluation (2007)
The Financial Review is a comprehensive financial review of funds raised and spent in fiscal years 2001-02 through 2005-06 through Measure D, with monitoring and reporting on compliance with the mandates of Measure D.
- 5 Year Audit: Program Assessment Final Report (1/2008)
A broad overview and evaluation of waste reduction programs within Alameda County, prepared by HF&H Consultants, LLC, with assistance from Kies Strategies, SERA, Inc., and Environmental Planning Consultants. Profiles and comparisons of municipal programs and analysis of various operational and system issues, including mandatory recycling ordinances and landfill bans.
- 5 Year Audit: Program Assessment – Member Agency Program Summaries (1/2008)
A companion appendix to the Program Assessment Final Report, this volume, prepared by HF&H Consultants, LLC with assistance by Environmental Planning Consultants, contains profiles of the recycling and solid waste systems in each of the 14 cities and 2 sanitary districts in Alameda County.
Background documents related to the “5 Year Audit” Program Assessment Final Report:
- “Footing the Bill for Diversion Programs: Funding Options” (10/2007) by Lisa A. Skumatz, Ph.D., Skumatz Economic Research Associates (SERA)
- "Comparison Communities and Leading Programs” (10/2007) by Lisa A. Skumatz, Ph.D. and David Freeman, SERA, Inc.
- “Measuring Success in Diversion – Best Practices: Alternative Measurement of Recycling, Diversion, and Waste Prevention” (10/2007) by Lisa A. Skumatz, Ph.D. and David Juri Freeman, SERA, Inc. with Delyn Kies, Kies Strategies