Program Manager I for Mandatory Recycling Ordinance Project
This Program Manager I position will assist with enforcement duties primarily in the Mandatory Recycling Ordinance (MRO) Implementation project, with some work in the Reusable Bag Ordinance and Facility Fee Enforcement projects. The position will receive general direction from staff working on these projects and will report to work at the StopWaste offices at 1537 Webster Street in downtown Oakland.
Example of Duties
- Act as the primary liaison with contracted inspectors who conduct routine regulatory compliance inspections for enforcement of the Mandatory Recycling Ordinance. Monitor performance and actively communicate safety and enforcement procedures. Conduct regular team meetings including trainings as needed.
- Conduct regulatory compliance inspections at regulated business and multi-family properties as needed when contracted inspectors are unable to complete an inspection.
- Assist with inspection processing to determine compliance with MRO using the agency’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Review, approve, and process forms submitted by regulated parties.
- Respond to inquiries from businesses and multi-family account holders regarding Ordinance compliance or documentation that may be required.
- Support enforcement activities for the Reusable Bag Ordinance including tracking of complaints, inspections, and enforcement actions taken.
- Provide support to other agency enforcement-related projects as needed.
- Other project duties as assigned.
Monthly Salary range: $7,648 to $9,291* per month depending on experience plus benefits.
* Subject to adoption of the Authority’s budget on May 24, 2017.
Applications and correspondence will be accepted through email. Please email and Agency application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2017 no later than 5pm PST. Include the position title “MRO Program Manager I” in your cover letter, application and email. The required application can be downloaded to the right.
Application packets may also be dropped off or mailed to the StopWaste office:
1537 Webster St.
Oakland, CA 94612
ATTN: MRO Program Manager I