Stop Food Waste Series in Edible East Bay
StopWaste is sponsoring content for a newsletter series in Edible East Bay about delicious ways to use seasonal foods that might otherwise end up in the compost, as well as food storage tips and recipes. Edible East Bay is a free quarterly magazine that celebrates the local food and food culture of Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Published articles from the series are linked below.
- August 9, 2017 e-news: Cutting Food Waste in Corporate Cafeterias: Chefs and Managers Step Up to the Plate (features the efforts of 2017 StopWaste Business Efficiency Awards winner Guckenheimer)
- August 18, 2017 Fall Harvest 2017 edition: Food Storage Tips - Enjoy More, Toss Less: Smart Storage Goes a Long Way.
- September 7, 2017 e-news: Just Peachy: Making the Most of Summer’s Last Stone Fruit
- September 27, 2017 e-news: Tomatoes and Basil: Keep Them Tasty!
- October 25, 2017 e-news: Don’t Waste those Flavorful Fresh Herbs!
- November 15, 2017 Winter Holidays 2017 edition: Holiday Leftover Tips
- November 15, 2017 e-news: Potatoes and Onions: Keep them fresh—or make latkes
- December 13, 2017 e-news: Food Shift Turns Rescued Produce into a Dinner Party
- December 20, 2017 e-news: Bread Gone Stale? Make Bread Pudding!
- February 15, 2018 Spring 2018 edition: The 10-Minute Fridge Reality Check
- February 28, 2018 e-news: What's Going Uneaten in Your Fridge
- May 16, 2018 Summer 2018 edition: It’s Summer Salad Season - Keep Your Lettuce Crisp and Delicious
Want to read future articles? Sign up for Edible East Bay’s e-newsletter East Bay Appetizer.