Adhesives, pool & photo chemicals, glues, used cooking oil and grease, epoxies, mortars & uncured cement, nail polish & chemicals, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms, and fire extinguishers are hazardous waste and must NOT be thrown in the trash or recycling bin.
- These items can be recycled at all Alameda County Hazardous Waste facilities.
- Search Recycle Where? for other locations.
- The Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste facilities only accept small residential fire extinguishers.
Miscellaneous Items that are Hazardous Waste
- Pool & photo chemicals
- Used cooking oil and grease
- Mortars & uncured cement
- Nail polish & chemicals
- Smoke detectors & carbon monoxide alarms
- Fire extinguishers