Oakland HHW Facility
Due to shelter in place restrictions, the Household Hazardous Waste Facilities in Oakland, Livermore, and Hayward are currently closed. While the Fremont location remains open, we recommend that residents postpone trips to the facility unless absolutely essential.
The Oakland Facility is operated by Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste.
- The service is free for Alameda County residents.
- See a list of materials that the drop-off facilities accept.
No-Contact HHW Drop-off
When the Oakland, Hayward and Livermore HHW Facilities re-open, please follow these instructions for no-contact drop-off:
- Face masks are mandatory. The driver and all passengers must wear masks during HHW drop-off.
- Stay in your vehicle. It is state law and part of our COVID-19 protection plan. Our attendants will unload your car for you.
- Have your driver's license ready to be scanned to verify Alameda County residency.
- Find more information about HHW drop-off.
Closed for the Following Holidays:
- Saturday, July 4
- Thanksgiving week: Wednesday, November 25 through Saturday, November 28
- Christmas week: Friday, December 25 through Friday, January 1
2100 East 7th Street, Oakland (check map and get directions).
An ongoing Caltrans construction project on Interstate 880 will affect access to the Oakland facility from the south. To get to the Oakland facility from the South take Highway 880 north to the 5th Avenue exit, at the exit turn left (south) on Embarcadero and proceed for approximately 1.8 miles. If you’re using city streets in Oakland take 5th Avenue west, turn left onto Embarcadero and proceed for approximately 1.8 miles. The facility is the 2nd driveway on the left past the railroad tracks.
Visit the Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Take a trip to the HHW facility and see how easy it is to get rid of leftover toxic products.