Bay-Friendly Rated Landscapes
The new Sustainable Landscapes in Alameda County report lists more than 60 Bay-Friendly Rated Landscapes throughout the county.
Bay-Friendly Rated Landscapes is a rating system that recognizes excellence in high performance landscape design, construction and maintenance in the San Francisco Bay Area. It was originally developed and piloted by StopWaste in Alameda County and is now offered throughout the Bay Area by ReScape California.
Incorporating Bay-Friendly practices in the design, construction and management of landscapes can provide many benefits, including:
- 50–90% water savings
- 30–70% maintenance labor savings
- 85–95% weed suppression without herbicides
- 70–80% reduced runoff
- 53 tons/acre greenhouse gas reduction
- List of Bay-Friendly Rated Landscapes in Alameda County
- Landscape Success Stories in Alameda County
- Grants and technical assistance for StopWaste's Member Agencies