4Rs Student Action Projects
FREE in-class program for 5th and 6th-grade Alameda County public classrooms
- Registration is closed for 2017-18 academic year.
Use Real Issues to Engage Students in Real-World Learning!
Students will be introduced to the environmental theme and vocabulary by becoming "Garbologists " and conduct waste audits at home and school.
Analyzing their audit data, students will further investigate environmental science concepts, and develop a 4Rs Student Action Project applying their knowledge and skills. Their action project will include creating outreach materials to communicate their findings and solutions for reducing waste to their school, households and community. Examples of Action Projects:
- creating a school-wide 4Rs Pledge Campaign
- class authoring books to educate younger reading buddies about the 4Rs
- creating green teams to monitor lunch waste reduction
- educating the school’s Parent Teacher Organization about the 4Rs
- making a poster campaign for a No Waste Lunch school.
Students will take action spreading the 4Rs message, evaluate and celebrate their work.
Have your students be part of the solution and contribute to our countywide waste reduction goals!