WELO Tool Kit & FAQs
The Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance is a statewide water conservation law for new and renovated landscapes that meet a certain size threshold.
StopWaste has developed a WELO Tool Kit to help its member agencies implement the ordinance. The Tool Kit consists of model checklists, a water budget/water use calculator, and a permit counter brochure.
Public agencies can use these materials as is or modify them to meet local requirements.
WELO Tool Kit Elements
- Landscape Documentation Package Review
- Water Budget/Water Use Calculator
Post Construction Phase
- Certificate of Completion Checklist
- Irrigation Audit Checklist (for use by Irrigation Auditor)
- Landscape Inspection Checklist (for use by agency staff)
Prescriptive Compliance Option
- Prescriptive Path (Appendix D) Checklist (for landscapes under 2,500 sf if your agency offers this option)