Trainings & Events for Landscape Professionals
- WELO workshop, November 28, 2019
- Bay-Friendly Landscape Maintenance Training, January 2019 - Register now!
A FREE workshop for landscape professionals who design and build projects that have to comply with the Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance.
Date: November 28, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Pacific Energy Center, 851 Howard St., San Francisco
Back by popular demand! Join us for a free, one-day workshop on the statewide Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises, you will gain a thorough understanding of what's required by the ordinance and how to comply with it.
Sponsored by StopWaste and PG&E.
WELO Enforcement Training - Postponed
StopWaste has postponed the WELO Enforcement Training for public agencies originally scheduled for November 29, 2018 in Oakland. We apologize for any inconvenience and plan to offer this training in early 2019. To be notified when the training is rescheduled, please contact Teresa Eade at email@example.com or (510) 891-6531.
Oakland, January 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2019, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
The Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Course for Maintaining Existing Landscapes provides a comprehensive education in environmentally responsible strategies for professional landscape maintenance. This four-day training program is presented by ReScape California and sponsored in Alameda County by StopWaste.
Benefits for Public Sector Staff and Officials
- Stretch your agency’s budget farther with techniques that reduce the cost of maintenance, chemicals, water and energy
- Reduce waste and meet recycling goals
- Meet your municipality’s Climate Action Plan goals
- Support implementation of your agency’s Bay-Friendly policy
- Address growing public concern about the use of toxic chemicals in public landscapes
- Use sheet mulch to remove turf or to control weeds
- Maintain sites using Integrated Pest Management practices
- Manage irrigation for maximum water savings
- Reduce greenwaste
- Assess compost quality
- Maintain stormwater infrastructure
- Manage and care for native and climate adapted plants
Register now - space is limited and this class usually sells out. Details and registration.*
*Public agency staff in Alameda County: Contact Teresa Eade at StopWaste now for an application to receive a 70% discount on the training cost. You MUST contact StopWaste BEFORE registering to obtain the discount.
Regular cost is $495; after StopWaste discount, the cost is $145. The discount is available only to landscape professionals employed by public agencies in Alameda County. You must contact Teresa Eade to apply for the discount BEFORE registering for the training.
Visit ReScape California for more sustainable landscape trainings and events in Northern California.