Hire a Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional
Find a Bay-Friendly Landscape Professional
Locate a trained professional who can help you design, install and maintain a beautiful drought-resistant landscape or garden. Search ReScape California's online directory.
More than 1,600 landscape professionals have completed the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional training program, where they've learned landscaping strategies that work with nature to reduce waste, conserve resources and prevent pollution. Here's how they can help you:
Design and installation services
Bay-Friendly Qualified design professionals can plan and install new landscaping that looks beautiful and does a world of good. They're trained in environmentally sound strategies such as:
- Assessing soil conditions and using organic amendments to improve soil health
- Saving water and money for their clients by selecting plants that look great without a lot of summertime irrigation, grouping plants by water needs, and installing high efficiency irrigation equipment and rainwater harvesting systems
- Enriching the soil with compost to improve the vitality of your plants and reduce the need for synthetic fertilizers
- Mulching the soil to give your property a well-kept look, improve drought resistance and keep weeds under control
If you need help with upkeep, hire a Bay-Friendly Qualified landscape maintenance professional. It's a great way to help ensure that safe, environmentally sound landscaping practices are used on your property — whether or not it was originally designed as a Bay-Friendly landscape.
Bay-Friendly Qualified landscape maintenance professionals know how to:
- Care for lawns with few or no chemicals
- Source quality compost and mulch that can improve plant health while reducing fertilizer and pesticide needs
- Maintain irrigation systems to reduce water waste and improve plant health
- Sheet mulch lawns in place and plant beautiful meadows of grasses and wildflowers suited to your property's conditions
Tips for Hiring a Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional
Whether you're a property owner, manager, or developer, this helpful brochure provides tips and considerations when evaluating potential landscape professionals for your home garden or commercial property.