Trainings & Events for Landscape Professionals
WELO and the New Normal for California Landscapes
A FREE workshop for landscape professionals who design and build projects that have to comply with the Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance.
Date: November 28, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Pacific Energy Center, 851 Howard St., San Francisco
Back by popular demand! Join us for a free, one-day workshop on the statewide Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises, you will gain a thorough understanding of what's required by the ordinance and how to comply with it.
Sponsored by StopWaste and PG&E.
Many jurisdictions across California are struggling with WELO enforcement. To help public agency staff in Alameda County enforce WELO efficiently and effectively, StopWaste has engaged WELO experts to develop and deliver WELO Enforcement Training this fall.
We're offering two options:
1. Attend a WELO Enforcement Training at StopWaste in Oakland on November 29, 2018, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
2. Schedule a date in October or November for StopWaste to present the WELO Enforcement Training at your office (limited dates are available; contact us ASAP to request a training).
This free training is available to public agencies in Alameda County. Download our WELO Enforcement Training flyer.
To learn more and sign up, contact Teresa Eade at email@example.com or (510) 891-6531.
Bay-Friendly Landscape Maintenance Training
Oakland, January 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2019, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
The Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Course for Maintaining Existing Landscapes provides a comprehensive education in environmentally responsible strategies for professional landscape maintenance. This four-day training program is presented by ReScape California and sponsored in Alameda County by StopWaste.
Benefits for Public Sector Staff and Officials
- Stretch your agency’s budget farther with techniques that reduce the cost of maintenance, chemicals, water and energy
- Reduce waste and meet recycling goals
- Meet your municipality’s Climate Action Plan goals
- Support implementation of your agency’s Bay-Friendly policy
- Address growing public concern about the use of toxic chemicals in public landscapes
Register now - space is limited and this class usually sells out. Details and registration.*
*Public agency staff in Alameda County: Contact Teresa Eade at StopWaste now for an application to receive a 70% discount on the training cost. You MUST contact StopWaste BEFORE registering to obtain the discount.
Regular cost is $495; after StopWaste discount, the cost is $145. The discount is available only to landscape professionals employed by public agencies in Alameda County. You must contact Teresa Eade to apply for the discount BEFORE registering for the training.
Visit ReScape California for more sustainable landscape trainings and events in Northern California.