Plastic Foam Food Ware Bans
Polystyrene, better known by the brand name Styrofoam, is not readily recyclable, especially when it has food on it. It just ends up as litter or goes in the landfill. Choose to use compostable food containers (many can be recycled in your green waste cart) or, better yet use reusable packaging.
City ordinances in Alameda County
- Alameda Styrofoam™ Ordinance
- Albany Styrofoam™ Ban
- Berkeley Polystyrene Foam Food Packaging
- Emeryville Eco Food-Ware Ordinance
- Fremont Polystyrene Ban Ordinance
- Hayward Polystyrene Foam Food Containers Ban
- Livermore Styrofoam™ Ban
- Oakland Green Food Packaging Ordinance
- Pleasanton Polystyrene Foam Ban
- San Leandro Food Service Ware Ordinance
- Union City Foam Food Container Ordinance
- Unincorporated Alameda County Polystyrene Ban
Contact us online, or call 510-891-6500 and ask for the StopWaste Business assistance team. We can help connect you with Styrofoam recyclers.