Hazardous Waste Drop-in Program for Businesses
There is a drop-in program for Alameda County businesses that accepts: latex paint, aerosol cans, fluorescent lamps, and household batteries.
- There is no need to make an appointment, simply drop-in when the facility is open according to the schedule below.
- Fill out the drop-in form and bring it with you to the facility.
- Any Alameda County business that generated the waste is eligible – not restricted to small businesses.
- Latex paint, in individual containers up to 5 gallons in size, no limits on total quantity.
- Unbroken fluorescent and mercury/sodium containing bulbs are accepted.
- Household type batteries including sealed lead acid gel cells up to 40ah accepted.
- Aerosol cans of any kind up to 16.4 oz in size, full or empty are accepted.
- $25.00 minimum charge, invoice issued and settled in cash or Visa/MC at the time of drop off. See the form for pricing details.
- Poly lined boxes for large quantities of fluorescent bulbs are available for purchase (see form).
Livermore Hazardous Waste Facility
Location: 5584 La Ribera St., Livermore (check a map and get directions).
Hours are 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Feb 9 & 23
- March 9 & 23
- April 13 & 27
- May 11 & 25
- June 8 & 22
- July 13 & 27
- August 10 & 24
Hayward Hazardous Waste Facility
Location: 2091 West Winton Avenue, Hayward (check a map and get directions).
Please note that the Hayward Facility is temporarily closed until further notice due to a water line problem. In the mean time, please use one of our other facilities.
Oakland Hazardous Waste Facility
Location:2100 East 7th Street, Oakland (check map and get directions).
- Open every Tuesday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Closed for the Holidays on Tuesday, July 4th, Tuesday, November 21st, Tuesday, December 26th.