Common Hazardous Materials
These materials are accepted at the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste facilities and One-Day Events. Click for details, drop-off instructions, and alternative drop-off locations such as neighborhood hardware stores. State Law limits the total amount you may transport in one vehicle to 125 pounds or 15 gallons.
- Radioactives (including smoke detectors)
- Railroad Ties & Treated Wood (call Altamont Landfill at 925-455-7300)
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (other than Propane)
- Large Appliances (A/C, Refrigerators, Stoves, Washers, etc.)
- Construction and Demolition Waste
These are still considered hazardous waste and should not go in the trash. For information on how to properly dispose of these items, consult 800-606-6606.