Oakland HHW Facility
The Oakland Facility is operated by Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste.The service is free for Alameda County residents.
- See a list of materials that the drop-off facilities accept.
- Download this waste delivery form and fill it out ahead of time to make your drop-off quicker.
- Wed–Fri: 9 am to 2:30 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 4:00 pm
Closed for the Following Holidays:
- Thanksgiving: closed November 22 through November 25. The Fremont HHW facility is open on November 22, November 24, and November 25; click here for more information.
- Christmas and New Year: closed December 25 through January 2
2100 East 7th Street, Oakland (check map and get directions).
An ongoing Caltrans construction project on Interstate 880 will affect access to the Oakland facility from the south. To get to the Oakland facility from the South take Highway 880 north to the 5th Avenue exit, at the exit turn left (south) on Embarcadero and proceed for approximately 1.8 miles. If you’re using city streets in Oakland take 5th Avenue west, turn left onto Embarcadero and proceed for approximately 1.8 miles. The facility is the 2nd driveway on the left past the railroad tracks.