Paints and paint-related products contain hazardous chemicals and should never be poured down the drain or thrown in the garbage.
- Paint and paint-related products can be disposed of at all Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste facilities.
- Visit PaintCare Inc. for a list of disposal locations.
- Search Recycle Where? for other locations.
- Dispose of dry and empty paint cans in the trash with the lids off.
- The Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste facilities accept: oil-based paint, water-based paint, latex paint, spray paint, stains, varnish, thinner, remover, and adhesives.