This forum, held on September 15, 2015 at StopWaste, provided an overview of the WELO update. Local governments also shared information about what is being done to address water conservation at civic facilities and in policies affecting development.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download Lahr Water Eff Leg Memo_2015-09-11.pdf (113.56 KB)
- Download Koo City of Hayward - BFL Presentation - 9-15-15.pdf (1.38 MB)
- Download Kevin BriggsHLCL Rainwater 2015-0914.pdf (5.1 MB)
- Download Lahr BayREN PAYS JPA Overview 20150811.pdf (186.89 KB)
- Download Wes_ Sullens welo workshop wes 9-15-2015.pdf (881.22 KB)
- Download T_Eade Water, Waste & GHG Impacts in AC.pdf (1.51 MB)
- Download Scarpulla_Sept 15_2.pdf (4.48 MB)
- Download Danielle Dolan LGC_Water Policy Forum_09.15.15_ FINAL.pdf (2.88 MB)
- View Downloads
The chiropractic values of living holistically align with environmental values, which motivated the Sustainability Council at Life Chiropractic College West located in Hayward to pursue certification through the Alameda County Green Business Program. The Program’s comprehensive framework and hands-on assistance appealed to the Council and made working towards environmental sustainability manageable and concrete.
As the second largest employer in Union City and the largest flexible packaging manufacturer on the West Coast, Emerald Packaging proudly embraces responsible leadership. The company has many innovative sustainable initiatives and frequently introduces innovative tools and practices to the industry. In 2006, Emerald Packing created the first compostable plastic package in the produce industry using plant-based, bio-degradable (PLA) film. In 2012, they initiated advances in “field to fork” food product traceability with their packaging.
Yoga, health, community. These company values are apparent upon a visit to Anasa Yoga in Alameda, CA. The business is also committed to improving the environment - a motivating factor in pursuing Green Business Certification. Jean Marie, LEED AP certified since 2004, designed the studio with students’ health and well-being in mind and was excited to incorporate LEED concepts into the studio’s construction.
When West Advertising moved into their current location in Alameda, they took the opportunity to renovate and green their new building and grounds, and to improve day-to-day office operations.