- News | 09/13/2018
Landscape professionals employed by public agencies in Alameda County may be eligible for a 70% discount on the training cost.Read More
- News | 09/04/2018
This free, daylong workshop is for professionals who design and build landscapes.Read More
Learn how your project can earn the Bay-Friendly Rated Landscape label.
- News | 06/11/2018
StopWaste's updated Sustainable Landscapes in Alameda County report lists 70 Bay-Friendly Rated Landscapes, as well as lawn-to-landscape projects, that are saving more than 75 million gallons of water annually.Read More
The Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance is a statewide water conservation law for new and renovated landscapes that meet a certain size threshold.
StopWaste has developed a WELO Tool Kit to help its member agencies implement the ordinance. The Tool Kit consists of model checklists, a water budget/water use calculator, and a permit counter brochure.
Public agencies can use these materials as is or modify them to meet local requirements.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download WELO Water Budget and Water Use Calculator (xlsm) (32.59 KB)
- Download StopWaste WELO brochure (pdf) (2.9 MB)
- Download WELO Tool Kit - All Checklists (fillable pdf) (2.09 MB)
- Download WELO Checklist 1 - Landscape Documentation Package Review (fillable pdf) (754.01 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 2 - Prescriptive Path Appendix D Checklist (fillable pdf) (397.11 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 3 - Irrigation Audit Checklist (fillable pdf) (429.16 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 4 - Landscape Inspection Checklist (fillable pdf) (257.29 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 5 - Certificate of Completion (fillable pdf) (421.86 KB)
- Download WELO Checklists - Customizable Word files (zip folder) (192.18 KB)
- Download DWR Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance - Full Text (pdf) (918.9 KB)
- View Downloads
- Success Stories
Evergreen Nursery in San Leandro received a 2017 Business Efficiency Award for Excellence in Waste Prevention & Closing the Loop from StopWaste.Read More