The Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance is a statewide water conservation law for new and renovated landscapes that meet a certain size threshold.
StopWaste has developed a WELO Tool Kit to help its member agencies implement the ordinance. The Tool Kit consists of model checklists, a water budget/water use calculator, and a permit counter brochure.
Public agencies can use these materials as is or modify them to meet local requirements.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download WELO Water Budget and Water Use Calculator (xlsm) (32.59 KB)
- Download StopWaste WELO brochure (pdf) (2.9 MB)
- Download WELO Tool Kit - All Checklists (fillable pdf) (2.09 MB)
- Download WELO Checklist 1 - Landscape Documentation Package Review (fillable pdf) (754.01 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 2 - Prescriptive Path Appendix D Checklist (fillable pdf) (397.11 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 3 - Irrigation Audit Checklist (fillable pdf) (429.16 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 4 - Landscape Inspection Checklist (fillable pdf) (257.29 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 5 - Certificate of Completion (fillable pdf) (421.86 KB)
- Download WELO Checklists - Customizable Word files (zip folder) (192.18 KB)
- Download DWR Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance - Full Text (pdf) (918.9 KB)
- View Downloads
- Topic Briefs
Since 1996, StopWaste has provided more than $8 million in funding to local organizations for innovative projects that decrease the amount of waste generated and sent to the county's landfills, and encourage the development, marketing and use of recycled products. The grants program is currently focused on funding waste prevention, reuse and repair projects.Read More
StopWaste is soliciting designs for a mural to be commissioned for the side of our building at 1537 Webster Street in Oakland. Four finalists will be selected from among the submissions received, and each finalist will receive $500 to develop their concept for the final round. After the winning concept is selected, the chosen artist will receive up to $13,000 to finalize their conceRead More
- News | 02/14/2018
StopWaste Executive Director Wendy Sommer will be inducted into the Alameda County Women’s Hall of Fame in the category of the Environment at its 25th Anniversary Luncheon and Awards Ceremony on March 24 in Oakland.Read More
East Bay Energy Watch seeks professional services to assist its member jurisdictions (up to 35 jurisdictions: 14 Alameda County Cities, 19 Contra Costa County Cities, and the Counties of Alameda and Contra Costa; “Jurisdictions”) with streamlining and conducting annual community-scale GHG inventories (“Inventories”).Read More
- News | 01/30/2018
Livermore and Oakland schools will be able to make a bigger dent in tackling food waste after being awarded a $500,000 CalRecycle Food Waste Prevention and Rescue Grant. Project partners also include ALL IN Alameda County and StopWaste.
The awarded Smart Cafeteria Initiative will utilize and expand upon food share tables in every school cafeteria across two school districts to capture and sort unwanted food from lunch that is generated during or after meal service. Surplus food will be available for hungry students to consume at school, then to families from the school community.Read More