The Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance is a statewide water conservation law for new and renovated landscapes that meet a certain size threshold.
StopWaste has developed a WELO Tool Kit to help its member agencies implement the ordinance. The Tool Kit consists of model checklists, a water budget/water use calculator, and a permit counter brochure.
Public agencies can use these materials as is or modify them to meet local requirements.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download WELO Water Budget and Water Use Calculator (xlsm) (32.59 KB)
- Download StopWaste WELO brochure (pdf) (2.9 MB)
- Download WELO Tool Kit - All Checklists (fillable pdf) (2.09 MB)
- Download WELO Checklist 1 - Landscape Documentation Package Review (fillable pdf) (754.01 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 2 - Prescriptive Path Appendix D Checklist (fillable pdf) (397.11 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 3 - Irrigation Audit Checklist (fillable pdf) (429.16 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 4 - Landscape Inspection Checklist (fillable pdf) (257.29 KB)
- Download WELO Checklist 5 - Certificate of Completion (fillable pdf) (421.86 KB)
- Download WELO Checklists - Customizable Word files (zip folder) (192.18 KB)
- Download DWR Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance - Full Text (pdf) (918.9 KB)
- View Downloads
This Plant Legend template and example of a filled-out template are adapted from the Bay-Friendly Landscape Scorecard. They can be used to facilitate compliance with the Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO).Read More
These guidelines and tips supplement the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Model Policy. Topics covered include implementation strategies by product category and best practices for program evaluation.
A policy template prepared by StopWaste that can be adapted by local governments, institutions and businesses to adopt environmentally preferable purchasing practices. Available as a Word document and a PDF.
StopWaste.Org has had great success through partnerships that promote waste reduction in ways that capture multiple benefits (e.g., greenhouse gas emissions reductions, energy savings, water conservation, green jobs, worker health and safety), because linking waste reduction with other benefits makes it much more marketable. The Workplan continues that approach, but in specific ways that we believe will allow us to achieve a greater scale of success without having to increase our core budget.Read More