- News | 07/19/2017
The Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Program will host several community drop-off events this year. In addition to the traditional HHW materials generated in homes and gardens, medicine and controlled substances will now be collected. For the first time, residents can bring mattresses and box springs to the drop-off event!Read More
Medicines, unless specifically stated on the packaging, should never be flushed down the toilet or placed in the trash. Instead, unused or expired medicine can be dropped off at all Alameda County Hazardous Waste facilities.
PLEASE NOTE: The Alameda County HHW facilities cannot accept controlled substances, which must be taken to one of the approved drop-off locations.Read More
- News | 12/30/2014
Expanded hours and public events will make drop-off easier for Alameda County residents.Read More
This form has a price schedule and more information about the hazardous waste drop-in program for businesses. The drop-in program accepts latex paint, aerosol cans, fluorescent lamps, and household batteries. Fill out this form and bring it with you.
This packet covers such topics as who can participate, what you need to do to start, what you can bring, and how to make an appointment. It also contains the CESQG self-certification form which you must fill out to participate in the program. Available as either a PDF or Word document.
This Plan is to encourage the reduction of the amount of hazardous waste generated in the County, and to the greatest extent feasible, minimize the number of hazardous waste management facilities.
- View Downloads
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-Exec-Summary.pdf (67.37 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-intro-toc.pdf (445.78 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter1.pdf (1.12 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter2.pdf (1.08 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter3.pdf (2.58 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter4.pdf (981.01 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter5.pdf (483.15 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter6.pdf (266.81 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter7.pdf (802.77 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter8.pdf (827.84 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter9.pdf (2.07 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter10.pdf (270.73 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixa.pdf (731.48 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixb.pdf (58.65 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixc.pdf (1.96 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixd.pdf (396.46 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixf.pdf (642.41 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixe.pdf (1.29 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixg.pdf (1.45 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixh.pdf (170.71 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixj.pdf (209.82 KB)
- View Downloads