Bay-Friendly Training for the Design of Sustainable Civic and Commercial Landscapes - SOLD OUT!
October 5-7, 2016, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (three full days), in Oakland
Cost: $495. FREE for eligible employees of public agencies in Alameda County.
Space is limited – apply now! See the registration link below.
The Bay-Friendly Training & Qualification Course for the Design of Sustainable Civic & Commercial Landscapes provides a comprehensive education in environmentally responsible strategies for landscape design and construction. Landscape professionals who complete this three-day design training and pass a final exam earn the Bay-Friendly Qualified Professional credential.
- Fundamentals of Bay-Friendly, an ecologically based, comprehensive approach to the design of landscapes
- How create Bay-Friendly plans, specifications and details
- Practical, effective construction practices such as using sheet mulching to remove turf and control weeds
- Supporting the soil food web and improving soil health naturally with compost and mulch
- Efficient irrigation and planting design information
- Stormwater management and low-impact development (LID) design techniques
- Design for integrated pest management (IPM)
This design training is intended for landscape architects, designers and contractors working primarily on public, institutional, and commercial work. It is not useful for staff solely focused on landscape maintenance.
Training is free for StopWaste Member Agency staff if you meet the following criteria:
- You are able to attend all 3 days of training (October 5, 6 & 7),
- AND you do one or more of the following:
- are a city landscape architect or city planner
- are involved in landscape policies, enforcement or planning
- are responsible for capital improvements in your city/jurisdiction that include public landscapes
- manage new developments for your city/jurisdiction
- AND you have not taken the Bay-Friendly Landscape DESIGN training before.
*Member Agency staff:
Before registering, email Teresa Eade to get the StopWaste Promo Code for free registration.
The Bay-Friendly training program is offered by ReScape California and is sponsored in Alameda County by StopWaste. For eligible staff of public agencies in Alameda County, StopWaste will pay the entire $495 registration fee. Each staff person must register individually, and all applications will be reviewed for eligibility. Questions? Contact Teresa Eade, Senior Program Manager, email@example.com.