Skip to main content

Instructions for Safe Medicine Disposal in Alameda County

Medicines, unless specifically stated on the packaging, should never be flushed down the toilet or placed in the trash. Instead, unused or expired medicine can be dropped off at all Alameda County Hazardous Waste facilities.

PLEASE NOTE: The Alameda County HHW facilities cannot accept controlled substances, which must be taken to one of the approved drop-off locations.

Updated Feb 1, 2018

Facebook icon
Twitter icon
LinkedIn icon
e-mail icon