The Event is Full and Registration is Closed
The Household Hazardous Waste program is sponsoring a free one-day event in Union City on Sunday, October 17, 2021 for residents of Alameda County only. The event is full and registration is closed. Don’t forget there is free, year-round, drop-off for your materials at a Household Hazardous Waste Facility near you. Our facilities in Fremont, Oakland, Hayward, and Livermore are open weekly for drop-off of accepted materials. For more information, click here.
- Businesses cannot participate in these events; find information about business hazardous waste disposal.
- Residents can also bring up to two mattresses and two box springs to this event.
- Learn how to safely package your waste.
- Call 800-606-6606 for more information.
What We Can Take at this Event:
- Residents can also bring up to two mattresses and two box springs to this event
- Light bulbs
- Paints and paint related products
- Electronics & small appliances
- Propane tanks
- Old medications and prescriptions (including controlled substances)
- Oil, gasoline, auto fluids
- Fire extinguishers
- Sharps containers
What We Can't Take at One-Day Events:
- Treated wood waste including railroad ties, click for more information
- Compressed gas cylinders other than propane
- Large appliances (such as air conditioners, refrigerators, stoves, washers, etc.)
- Construction and demolition waste
- Smoke detectors
- Explosives (such as ammunition, fireworks, marine flares, gunpowder)