Prohibited items are hazardous materials that must not go in the trash, but can NOT be accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste facilities. For information on how to properly dispose of these items, call 800-606-6606.
- Search Recycle Where? or call 800-606-6606 for options.
- Medicine and prescription drugs, click here for more information
- Railroad ties & treated wood (call Altamont Landfill at 925-455-7300)
- Compressed gas cylinders (other than Propane)
- Large appliances (A/C, Refrigerators, Stoves, Washers, etc.)
- Construction and demolition waste