WELO Tool Kit & Resources
StopWaste has developed a WELO Tool Kit to help its member agencies implement the Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance. The Tool Kit consists of a water budget/water use calculator, model checklists, and a permit counter brochure.
Public agencies can use these materials as is or modify them to meet local requirements.
WELO Tool Kit Elements
- WELO Requirements Brochure
- Water Budget/Water Use Calculator
- WELO Checklists:
- Landscape Documentation Package Review
- Certificate of Completion
- Irrigation Audit (for use by Irrigation Auditor)
- Landscape Inspection (for use by agency staff)
- Prescriptive Compliance Path (Appendix D)
- Mulch float test results memo contains research findings and best practices to reduce mulch floating.
- CA Department of Water Resources' MWELO page includes reporting assistance and forms and a link to the text of the ordinance
- ReScape California runs the ReScape Rated Landscapes program and has a directory of ReScape Raters and Qualified Professionals
- Lawn to Garden Marketplace is an online directory of compost and mulch suppliers in the San Francisco Bay Area
- WUCOLS plants database provides plant water use information
- This plant legend template and example of a filled-out template can facilitate WELO compliance
- California Invasive Plant Council’s “Don’t Plant a Pest” website lists invasive plants to avoid in the Bay Area
- Sample WELO Landscape Plan cover sheet is a template that landscape architects may find useful
- EBMUD's Sample Residential Landscape Plans provides examples of planting, hydrozone and irrigation plans, legends and details and a sample water budget calculation
- EBMUD's new customers must comply with WELO and other water efficiency measures described here
- Irrigation Association lists qualified Irrigation Auditors