The Institute for Local Self-Reliance, based in Washington, DC, has collaborated with the Alameda County Waste Management Authority and Recycling Board to produce a report, "Innovation, Leadership, Stewardship." Written by the staff of the Institute, the report highlights a number of programs and policies that have made Alameda County a respected national leader in the field of waste prevention and recycling.
Pursuant to the Alameda County Charter ( Measure D ), this plan identifies a comprehensive strategy for reaching the county's waste reduction goals.
- Green Building, Business and Public Agencies, Organics, Schools, and Media and Outreach program revisions adopted March 2007 by the Authority and Recycling Boards.
This Plan is to encourage the reduction of the amount of hazardous waste generated in the County, and to the greatest extent feasible, minimize the number of hazardous waste management facilities.
- View Downloads
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-Exec-Summary.pdf (67.37 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-intro-toc.pdf (445.78 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter1.pdf (1.12 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter2.pdf (1.08 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter3.pdf (2.58 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter4.pdf (981.01 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter5.pdf (483.15 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter6.pdf (266.81 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter7.pdf (802.77 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter8.pdf (827.84 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter9.pdf (2.07 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter10.pdf (270.73 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixa.pdf (731.48 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixb.pdf (58.65 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixc.pdf (1.96 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixd.pdf (396.46 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixf.pdf (642.41 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixe.pdf (1.29 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixg.pdf (1.45 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixh.pdf (170.71 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixj.pdf (209.82 KB)
- View Downloads
A companion appendix to the Program Assessment Final Report, this volume, prepared by HF&H Consultants, LLC with assistance by Environmental Planning Consultants, contains profiles of the recycling and solid waste systems in each of the 14 cities and 2 sanitary districts in Alameda County.
A broad overview and evaluation of waste reduction programs within Alameda County, prepared by HF&H Consultants, LLC, with assistance from Kies Strategies, SERA, Inc., and Environmental Planning Consultants. Profiles and comparisons of municipal programs and analysis of various operational and system issues, including mandatory recycling ordinances and landfill bans.
The Financial Review is a comprehensive financial review of funds raised and spent in fiscal years 2005/2006 through 2001/2002 through Measure D, with monitoring and reporting on compliance with the mandates of Measure D.
The Final 5 Year Financial and Compliance Audit by the NewPoint Group covers "Measure D" Recycling Fund revenues raised and spent in fiscal years 2006/2007 through 2010/2011.
A broad overview and evaluation of waste reduction programs within Alameda County, prepared by SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure, LLC, with assistance from SERA, Inc. Profiles and comparisons of municipal programs and analysis of various operational and system issues, including every-other-week residential garbage collection and percentages of readily recyclable and compostable materials going to landfill in other communities.