RFP: Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) Program Implementation
StopWaste seeks firms or individuals with expertise in green building practices, focusing on energy efficiency and electrification, to submit proposals for the implementation of BayREN’s Green Labeling and BAMBE programs. StopWaste staff will conduct overall project management and the selected team will be support StopWaste in providing technical assistance, developing tools, and educating stakeholders to advance energy efficiency and decarbonization in the residential sector.
Respondents may submit a scope of work for one or more of the service programs listed below (A-E).
A. Home Energy Score Support
B. Real Estate Training & Advocacy
C. Multifamily Project Development
D. Supplemental Participant Support
E. Financing Technical Assistance
Proposers are encouraged to assemble a team of subcontractors to adequately cover all subtasks described within a particular program area. StopWaste does not expect that one consulting firm or team will have expertise or relevant experience in all areas A-E above and may therefore select multiple consultants or project teams to cover the scopes of work (SOW) described.
Please download the complete RFP document for additional details.
Sample Professionals Services Agreement (for reference only)
Proposals Due: June 3, 2022
Questions and Answers
- Can a single entity pursue, and/or be selected for, both the RFQ and the RFP?
A single entity can be chosen for both the RFP and RFQ. A single company may choose to submit for any permutation of the RFP and RFQ, so one could submit for all pieces of both requests, just a single task or category, or anything in between.
- How many awards do you anticipate for the RFQ? Are you looking to choose one entity for each or will there be multiple awards?
For the RFQ, we have the ability to create a list of qualified vendors that we could contract with during the 5 years that the competitive solicitation is good for. We anticipate one contract per task but it could be the same vendor.
- The contract start date is estimated to be 1/1/2023, but what is the end date? Is that subject to change depending if you choose to change vendors?
The RFP lists estimated contract terms for each program area. For both the RFP and RFQ, it is expected that a contract would be between 2 to 5 years depending on the program area or task. We do not anticipate a contract length to be cut short if we change vendors.
- Can we provide separate pricing for sub-parts of the RFQ?
- What is the maximum pages for the RFP?
There is no total page limit for the RFP but please stick to a 3-page maximum for past experience, as specific in the RFP.
- Do you prefer separate documents for each program area, or one long document with extended program descriptions for each area?
Yes, please submit separate documents for each program area. However, project teams and examples of past work can be repeated, if applicable to multiple program areas.
- Are you looking for a particular type of format for the proposals?
PDF submissions are preferable. There is no specific format for the organization of the proposal, but it must include all pieces of information specified in the RFP/RFQ.
- RFP BAMBE Task C: Multifamily Project Development, regarding the capacity of local in-house field staff required to provide technical assistance and site surveys for approximately 5,000 MF units and quality assurance site visits to at least 3,000 units, is this level of effort estimated to be annual or over the course of the 3-year term of the contract?
This level of effort is estimated to be annual. 5,000 units usually ends up being about 50-70 multifamily properties, depending on the sizes.
- What is the anticipated number of Home Energy Scores per year?
Our program goal is 4,000 scores per year. As the program design evolves, more resources may be allocated towards low-income or renter scores which could result in fewer, but more targeted scores.
- What makes the annual Green Labeling budget of 1.3M?
~$1.3M is our entire Green Labeling program budget which includes StopWaste staff time for program administration, HES processing covered in the RFP/RFQ, real estate trainings also included in the RFP, and HES incentives.
- Is there currently a standard platform/format for data collected from the field on either the HES front or BAMBE MF front? For example, a common mobile app or Excel spreadsheet template?
HES does not currently have a mobile app but would like to offer one. Currently our onsite data collection and database are connected to several other platforms via APIs. We hope to streamline the process and improve user experience (for Assessor on-site data collection and accessing program data) as part of this RFQ process. The BAMBE program does not have a mobile app or standard Excel template for data collection.