Six Alameda County businesses representing a wide range of industries were selected for their efforts to reduce waste to landfill through waste prevention, reuse, recycling, and composting. They are:
- Honolulu BBQ – Alameda, Excellence in Disposable Foodware Reduction
- Isla Restaurant – Newark, Excellence in Recycling & Composting
- Semifreddi’s – Alameda, Excellence in Energy Efficiency, Recycling & Composting
- Sodexo at Fremont Unified School District – Fremont, Excellence in Food Waste Reduction
- UrbanBloc – San Leandro, Excellence in Waste Reduction & Reuse
- Vericool, Inc. – Livermore, Excellence in Recycling & Composting
The 2019 awardees were recognized at the May 22 StopWaste Board meeting.