Recycling and Climate Protection
Waste prevention and recycling are important practices to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions—which are the cause of climate change.
- Reuse and Recycle Cardboard Boxes: Save almost 4 tons of CO2 for every ton of corrugated cardboard boxes kept from entering the landfill.
- Recycle Plastic Film: Avoid the upstream energy necessary to produce one ton of new product saves about 2 tons of CO2 annually.
- Recycle Paper: The amount of energy and materials it takes to make a ton of office paper is reduced by 4.3 tons of CO2 when recycling paper.
- Buy Recycled Paper: 20 cases of 30% post-consumer recycled content office paper saves 1 ton of CO2. Buying just 6 cases of 100% recycled paper also saves 1 ton of CO2.
- Use Reusable Transport Packaging: Save 830 pounds of CO2 by replacing one wood pallet with a recycled plastic pallet.
Less Energy Used = Less GHG Emissions
Less Waste in Landfills = Less GHG Emissions
Calculate YOUR greenhouse gas reductions!