Here is a Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance created by StopWaste for use by local governments in Alameda County:
Alameda County Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (revised 8/16/16)Read More
This forum, held on September 15, 2015 at StopWaste, provided an overview of the WELO update. Local governments also shared information about what is being done to address water conservation at civic facilities and in policies affecting development.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download Lahr Water Eff Leg Memo_2015-09-11.pdf (113.56 KB)
- Download Koo City of Hayward - BFL Presentation - 9-15-15.pdf (1.38 MB)
- Download Kevin BriggsHLCL Rainwater 2015-0914.pdf (5.1 MB)
- Download Lahr BayREN PAYS JPA Overview 20150811.pdf (186.89 KB)
- Download Wes_ Sullens welo workshop wes 9-15-2015.pdf (881.22 KB)
- Download T_Eade Water, Waste & GHG Impacts in AC.pdf (1.51 MB)
- Download Scarpulla_Sept 15_2.pdf (4.48 MB)
- Download Danielle Dolan LGC_Water Policy Forum_09.15.15_ FINAL.pdf (2.88 MB)
- View Downloads
In 2015, California adopted sweeping changes to the Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO). Local jurisdictions were required to adopt the model ordinance or more stringent regulations.
Hover over the View Downloads button for PDFs that compare the new MWELO to the 2009 version and to the Bay-Friendly Basics checklist.Read More
On July 15, 2015, the State of California approved revisions to the Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO), which sets minimum water efficiency requirements for new and renovated landscapes.
Click on the Download button to read a summary of the changes or the full text of the revised ordinance.Read More
These guidelines and tips supplement the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Model Policy. Topics covered include implementation strategies by product category and best practices for program evaluation.