Clinton Commons Earns Bay-Friendly Rating and LEED Platinum Certification
- The planting specification and maintenance agreement require Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and bar the use of pesticides prohibited by the Organic Materials Research Institute (OMRI).
- Plants are spaced appropriately so they have room to grow to their mature size.
- Plants are hydrozoned (grouped by their water requirements) and irrigated with high efficiency bubblers. A dedicated landscape water meter was installed.
- 17,500 gallons of irrigation water saved compared to a conventional landscape
- 89% of landscape construction and demolition debris recycled
- 6 tons of local, recycled compost used
- 4 tons of local, recycled mulch used
- 85% of new plants are low water species
- Bay-Friendly landscape practices reduced greenhouse gas emissions by an estimated 2 tons CO2E
- Project owner/developer: Resources for Community Development
- Landscape architect: Keller Mitchell & Co.
- Location: 720 East 11th Street, Oakland
- Project area: .7 acres
- Landscape accessible to the public? No
Year rated: 2013
Bay-Friendly Rater: Cynthia Greenberg, Placeworks