- Success StoriesErna P. Harris Court in the City of Berkeley was first conceived of as an affordable housing development for very-low income and formerly homeless persons in 1994. In 2011, RCD substantially renovated Erna P. Harris Court to reposition the property for thirty more years of service.
This PDF contains current rate information for the following services:
- Solid Waste and Recycling Services Offered in Basic Rate Package
- Monthly Rates for Residential Solid Waste/Recycling/Plant Debris/Bulky Clean Up
- Rates for Commercial Solid Waste/Recycling/Plant Debris/Bulky Clean Up
(updated 9-13-18)Read More
Each school district in Alameda County contracts for their own garbage and recycling collection service and provides their own classroom recycling bin. StopWaste.Org's irecycle@school program provides the educational program support and indoor classroom signage material to support student's understanding and practice of the 4Rs.
- Berkeley residents Kristin Leimkuhler and Jeffrey Wilk hired McCutcheon Construction to modernize their 1894 Victorian while preserving the building’s traditional exterior. Raising the house by three feet allowed them to transform a six-foot-high unfinished basement into a contemporary wheelchair-accessible first floor, doubling the home’s size to 2,815 square feet.
- Success StoriesHarmon Gardens provides 15 studio apartments for one of the Bay Area's most underserved populations, transition-age youth. The community provides a permanent home where residents can develop independent living skills while receiving supportive services.