- News | 06/21/2018
The City of Berkeley is hosting a workshop about building electrification for members of Green Cities California and the Urban Sustainability Directors Network.Read More
Authored by StopWaste and Arup, this primer provides an overview of a circular economy framework for the built environment at the community, neighborhood and building scales. The ideas and concepts included here are intended to stimulate local government decision-makers and staff in Alameda County and beyond to consider policies and actions in their jurisdictions.Read More
From 2010 to 2016, StopWaste chaired the Multifamily Home Energy Coordinating Committee (MF HERCC), which was a subcommittee of the U.S. EPA's California Home Energy Retrofit Coordinating Committee.
In 2015, MF HERCC updated and published two reports:Read More
This document provides guidelines to help designers of multifamily, commercial and mixed-use buildings plan for recycling collection when designing new buildings or major renovations.
On October 22, 2015, StopWaste hosted a half-day workshop focused on best practices in meeting and implementing C&D recycling in Alameda County and the Bay Area. Presenters shared their experiences with achieving high diversion rates on building projects seeking to meet code, attain LEED certification, or targeting zero waste.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download StopWaste C&D Industry Overview 2015.pdf (2.48 MB)
- Download WM C&D RJewell.pdf (532.52 KB)
- Download 3_CW&R_Oakland_JFookes.pdf (4.6 MB)
- Download 4_Zanker C&D MGross.pdf (1.29 MB)
- Download 6_Pankow C&D Best Pract MStrong.pdf (714.86 KB)
- Download 7_Pleasanton C& D Best Practices.pdf (2.08 MB)
- Download 8_Alameda City C&D KParker.pdf (1.46 MB)
- View Downloads