Alameda County Waste Management Authority (WMA) Board and The Energy Council (EC)
Date/Time: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 3:00pm
Meeting is wheelchair accessible. Sign language interpreter may be available upon five (5) days notice to 510-891-6500. Members of the public wanting to add an item to a future agenda may contact 510-891-6500.
CALL TO ORDER (WMA & EC)
ROLL CALL (WMA & EC)
ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE PRESIDENT
CONSENT CALENDAR (WMA & EC)
Approval of the Draft Joint Minutes of September 17, 2014 (WMA & EC-Separate Votes) (Gary Wolff & Wendy Sommer)
Legislative Status for 2014 (WMA only) (Gary Wolff, Wendy Sommer & Debra Kaufman)
This item is for information only.
Minutes of the September 16, 2014 Technical Advisory Group (TAG) (EC only) (Gary Wolff, Wendy Sommer & Karen Kho)
Grants Under $50,000 (WMA only) (Gary Wolff)
OPEN PUBLIC DISCUSSION (WMA & EC)
An opportunity is provided for any member of the public wishing to speak on any matter within the jurisdiction of the board or council, but not listed on the agenda, Total time limit of 30 minutes with each speaker limited to three minute.
REGULAR CALENDAR (WMA & EC)
Reusable Bag Ordinance 2012-2: Process for Potential Expansion (WMA only) (Gary Wolff, Wendy Sommer & Meri Soll)
Staff recommends that the WMA Board adopt the proposed schedule and deliverables identified in the staff report as the process to be followed for consideration of expansion of Ordinance 2012-2.
Update on Commercial Sector and Water-Energy Nexus Priority Areas (EC only) (Gary Wolff, Wendy Sommer & Karen Kho)
COMMUNICATIONS/MEMBER COMMENTS (WMA & EC)
ADJOURNMENT (WMA & EC)
Download the Agenda or Full Packet below. Individual items may also be downloaded to the left.
Waste Management Authority (WMA) and Energy Council (EC) Members
- Jennifer West, WMA President Emeryville, WMA, EC
- Pauline Cutter, WMA 1st Vice President, EC President San Leandro, WMA, EC
- Jerry Pentin, WMA 2nd Vice President Pleasanton, WMA
- Dan Kalb, EC 1st Vice President Oakland, WMA, EC
- Greg Jones, EC 2nd Vice President Hayward, WMA, EC
- Keith Carson, Alameda County, WMA, EC
- Lena Tam, Alameda,WMA, EC
- Peter Maass, Albany, WMA, EC
- Gordon Wozniak, Berkeley, WMA, EC
- Dave Sadoff, Castro Valley Sanitary District, WMA
- Don Biddle, Dublin, WMA, EC
- Anu Natarajan, Fremont, WMA, EC
- Laureen Turner, Livermore, WMA
- Luis Freitas, Newark, WMA, EC
- Laython Landis, Oro Loma Sanitary District, WMA
- Tim Rood, Piedmont, WMA, EC
- Lorrin Ellis, Union City, WMA, EC