Get Free Compost and Composting Assistance
StopWaste offers two services to help increase composting in Alameda County:
Compost Hubs: free compost available to residents and community groups
Assistance with On-site Composting: available to organizations and community groups growing food
Compost Hubs are locations hosting a large, communal pile of free compost for residents and communities. Partnered cities continually restock the pile with locally produced organic compost. Educational resources are also available, and the host organization periodically provides workshops on making and using compost. Please take a moment to review the following information:
- This service is free to all residents and is not restricted by address.
- Please observe posted open hours, follow all signage instructions, and be respectful of the host organizations.
- Bring your own fillable containers.
- Please fill out the on-site survey – this is vital to keeping the program alive.
- Make sure to learn about the other services and volunteer opportunities offered by the host organizations!
- Please understand there may be times when the pile is empty, such as in-between deliveries, or during extremely wet weather events. If the pile is empty, ask someone on-site when to expect the next compost delivery.
Albany Compost Hub
Alameda Compost Hub
Livermore Compost Hub
Piedmont Compost Hub
Pleasanton Compost Hub
Is your community group or organization growing food? Are you looking to adjust or establish an on-site composting system? Whether you’re an expert composter with something to teach us, or a beginner who needs help planning a composting system, we want to connect and partner with you!
By filling out the form below, our team of experienced composters will follow up with you. Please understand that we are unable to provide assistance to backyard compost systems for home gardens, and instead encourage you to see our All About Compost resources and keep an eye out for composting workshops on our Gardening Events Calendar.
Compost Assistance Request Form