Common Hazardous Materials
These materials are accepted at the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste facilities. Click for details, drop-off instructions, and alternative drop-off options such as neighborhood hardware stores. For a list of materials accepted at One-Day Events, click here.
Medicine and Prescription Drugs
We CAN NOT ACCEPT Medicine and Prescription Drugs at our Oakland, Livermore, and Hayward drop-off facilities. These items can be dropped off at the Fremont HHW drop-off facility or at over 80 pharmacies and clinics that have self-service kiosks.
- Medicine and Prescription Drugs
- Treated Wood Waste including Railroad Ties, click for more information
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (other than Propane)
- Large Appliances (A/C, Refrigerators, Stoves, Washers, etc.)
- Construction and Demolition Waste
These are still considered hazardous waste and should not go in the trash. For information on how to properly dispose of these items, call 800-606-6606.