Oakland HHW Facility
The Oakland Facility is operated by Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste.
- Call 1-800-606-6606 for more information.
- The service is free for Alameda County residents.
- This service is not for businesses, find information about business hazardous waste disposal.
- See a list of materials that the drop-off facilities accept.
Requirements for Residential Drop-off:
- The amount of waste you may transport in one vehicle is limited to 125 pounds or 15 gallons.
- No individual container may be greater than 5 gallons or 50 pounds in size.
- Wastes must be transported by a resident of the household which generated the waste.
- Do not allow different wastes to mix.
- Containers must be closed and not leaking.
- Find safe packing and transport suggestions, click here.
- 2100 East 7th Street, Oakland (click here for a map and directions)
- Closed Thanksgiving week: Wednesday, November 25 to Saturday, November 28, 2020
- Closed Christmas week: Wednesday, December 23 to Saturday, December 26, 2020
- Closed New Year's Day: Friday, January 1, 2021
This calendar shows time slots that are available for drop-off. To make an appointment click on a time slot. You can also check our Hayward and Livermore sites to see if there is an available time slot that works better for your schedule. All of the HHW Facilities are open during the Stay Home Order announced Dec 3, 2020.