You are here
As part of the Strategic Workplan adopted in July, 2010, the WMA and Recycling Boards directed staff to
convene a Franchise Task Force to examine member agency hauling, disposal, and processing
agreements. The objective is to provide recommendations to member agencies that will enable
Alameda County to reach the highest diversion rate without significant adverse consequences (e.g.,
harm to public health, cost, etc.). This memo contains those recommendations.
StopWaste.Org has had great success through partnerships that promote waste reduction in ways that capture multiple benefits (e.g., greenhouse gas emissions reductions, energy savings, water conservation, green jobs, worker health and safety), because linking waste reduction with other benefits makes it much more marketable. The Workplan continues that approach, but in specific ways that we believe will allow us to achieve a greater scale of success without having to increase our core budget.Read More
Pursuant to the Alameda County Charter ( Measure D ), this plan identifies a comprehensive strategy for reaching the county's waste reduction goals.
- Green Building, Business and Public Agencies, Organics, Schools, and Media and Outreach program revisions adopted March 2007 by the Authority and Recycling Boards.
This Plan is to encourage the reduction of the amount of hazardous waste generated in the County, and to the greatest extent feasible, minimize the number of hazardous waste management facilities.
- View Downloads
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-Exec-Summary.pdf (67.37 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-intro-toc.pdf (445.78 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter1.pdf (1.12 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter2.pdf (1.08 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter3.pdf (2.58 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter4.pdf (981.01 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter5.pdf (483.15 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter6.pdf (266.81 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter7.pdf (802.77 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter8.pdf (827.84 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter9.pdf (2.07 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-chapter10.pdf (270.73 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixa.pdf (731.48 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixb.pdf (58.65 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixc.pdf (1.96 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixd.pdf (396.46 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixf.pdf (642.41 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixe.pdf (1.29 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixg.pdf (1.45 MB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixh.pdf (170.71 KB)
- Download Hazardous-Waste-Management-Plan-appendixj.pdf (209.82 KB)
- View Downloads