Oakland HHW Facility
Appointments Not Required
Stay in your vehicle. It is state law. Please place items in an unlocked trunk or back cargo space.
- Have your driver's license ready. We will scan your license to verify Alameda County residency. If your driver's license doesn't have an Alameda County address, please show proof of residency by bringing a recent utility bill or a copy of a rental or ownership agreement.
This service is not for businesses; find information about business hazardous waste disposal.
2023 Regular Schedule:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 9 am–2:30 pm
- Thursday: 9 am–2:30 pm
- Friday: 9 am–2:30 pm
- Saturday: 9 am–4 pm (phones are not staffed on Saturdays)
- Sunday: Closed
- 2100 East 7th Street, Oakland (click here for a map)
About the Oakland Drop-off Facility:
Call 1-800-606-6606 for more information.
- The service is free and is only for Alameda County residents.
- This service is not for businesses; find information about business hazardous waste disposal.
- See a list of materials that the drop-off facilities accept.
The Oakland Facility is operated by the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Program.
- For safe packing instructions and program requirements, click here.
- The amount of waste you may transport in one vehicle is limited to 125 pounds or 15 gallons.
- No individual container may be greater than 5 gallons or 50 pounds in size.
- Wastes must be transported by a resident of the household which generated the waste.
- Do not allow different wastes to mix.
- Containers must be closed and not leaking.
- At your request, the HHW attendants will save your motor oil and gasoline cans once they're emptied. Label them with your name and phone number; they must be picked up after the site closes on the same day, or on a later day.