The purpose of this Model Guide Specification is to provide the building industry with a consistent set of technical requirements for deconstructing buildings as the Owner’s directed method of building removal, based on the best knowledge and practices available within the industry.
BMRA Model Guide Specification: Section 02 42 13.13 Deconstruction of Buildings
- News | 05/26/2016
Eight businesses were selected for their leadership in reducing waste and increasing efficiency.Read More
On January 22, 2016, StopWaste hosted our Alameda County C&D Working Group to discuss recent updates and pending changes to the C&D industry. Topics included the new CALGreen 2016 code changes that require 65% C&D diversion statewide (as of January 1, 2017), updating local C&D ordinances, and efforts around regional coordination of C&D facility diversion rates.
This document provides guidelines to help designers of multifamily, commercial and mixed-use buildings plan for recycling collection when designing new buildings or major renovations.
On October 22, 2015, StopWaste hosted a half-day workshop focused on best practices in meeting and implementing C&D recycling in Alameda County and the Bay Area. Presenters shared their experiences with achieving high diversion rates on building projects seeking to meet code, attain LEED certification, or targeting zero waste.Read More
- View Downloads
- Download StopWaste C&D Industry Overview 2015.pdf (2.48 MB)
- Download WM C&D RJewell.pdf (532.52 KB)
- Download 3_CW&R_Oakland_JFookes.pdf (4.6 MB)
- Download 4_Zanker C&D MGross.pdf (1.29 MB)
- Download 6_Pankow C&D Best Pract MStrong.pdf (714.86 KB)
- Download 7_Pleasanton C& D Best Practices.pdf (2.08 MB)
- Download 8_Alameda City C&D KParker.pdf (1.46 MB)
- Download 10-22-2015-C&D-Best-Practices-audio.mp3 (35.75 MB)
- View Downloads