Adhesives, pool & photo chemicals, glues, used cooking oil and grease, epoxies, mortars & uncured cement, nail polish & chemicals, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms, and fire extinguishers are hazardous waste and must NOT be thrown in the trash or recycling bin.
- These items can be recycled at all Alameda County Hazardous Waste Facilities.
- Search our RE:Source guide for other locations.
- The Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Facilities only accept residential fire extinguishers up to 10 lbs. Not accepted: fire extinguishers from businesses or landlords. Check RE:Source for more information.
Miscellaneous Items that are Hazardous Waste:
- Adhesives, glues, sealants, epoxies, caulking, grouts
- Chemicals, solvents,
- Pool & photo chemicals
- Used cooking oil and grease
- Mortars & uncured cement
- Nail polish & acetone
- Smoke detectors & carbon monoxide alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Mercury thermostats
- Vintage Collectibles containing lead, mercury or radiation