Oil, Gasoline, Motor Fluids
Oil, gasoline, and other auto fluids contain hazardous chemicals and should never be put in the garbage or poured down the drain.
- Oil, gasoline, and auto fluids can be disposed of at all Alameda County Hazardous Waste Facilities and One-Day Events.
- Search our RE:Source guide for other locations.
- Find more information about motor oil & filter recycling collection on the Recycling Used Oil page.
- Boaters can find additional information about bilge care and preventing oil spills from the CA State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways.
The Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Facilities accept: gasoline, waxes, additives, motor oil, oil filters, and antifreeze.
- At your request, the HHW attendants will save your motor oil and gasoline cans once they're emptied. Label them with your name and phone number; they must be picked up after the site closes on the same day, or on a later day (containers cannot be emptied and returned at One-Day Events).
Never mix different automotive products together.
Find more information about motor oil & filter recycling collection on the Recycling Used Oil page.