Resources for Public Agencies
StopWaste encourages public agencies in Alameda County to enhance their communities with sustainable, climate-adaptive landscaping practices. Here are resources our member agencies may find particularly helpful. Questions? Contact Jennifer West.
- Measure D: StopWaste's member agencies have access to Measure D funds that can be applied to sustainable landscape projects. Learn more.
- Training scholarships: Member agency staff may be eligible for a $350 discount off the cost of ReScape California's (ReScape) Design Qualification and Maintenance Qualification training courses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a StopWaste training scholarship application.
- New! StopWaste's Sustainable Landscapes 2020 report
- StopWaste's WELO Tool Kit and WELO Enforcement Training materials
- ReScape trainings for civic landscape design and maintenance professionals, ReScape Rated Landscapes program, and other sustainable landscape resources
- Climate Change Adaptation Measures report
- Alameda County's plant debris landfill ban
ReScape Rated Landscapes
ReScape Rated Landscapes recognizes excellence in sustainable landscape design, construction and maintenance. The program is managed by ReScape California. Here are some key resources:
- Quick Start Guide (pdf)
- Program overview
- General tools and resources
- Scorecard tools
- Project gallery
- Presentation: Carbon Farming in the Altamont Hills: One Public Agency's Experience. Video of StopWaste Program Manager Kelly Schoonmaker presenting on the agency's carbon farming project on its rangeland property (starts at minute 36)
- StopWaste topic brief: Carbon Farming and the Compost-to-Carbon Connection
- News: StopWaste and Partners Fight Climate Change with Compost
- Lawn-to-Garden: Comprehensive website about using sheet mulch to convert lawns to sustainable landscapes
- Lawn-to-landscape checklist: 10 basic practices for improving the environmental performance of a landscape (coming soon)
- Alameda County planting spec (coming soon)
- Sheet mulch details (coming soon)
- Bay-Friendly Landscaping Guide to Mulch